Immerse yourself in the study of yoga and learn to share your passion
with Tough Love Yoga’s Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher Training!
Tough Love Yoga’s next Yoga Teacher Training (TLYTT) begins January 4th, 2015!
We are now accepting applications for the 2015 session!
The study of yoga ignites the fire of the heart. The intention of TLYTT is to guide you along your path towards becoming a confident and compassionate certified yoga teacher!
This teacher training is for you if you have the desire to dive deeper into your yoga practice, expand your understanding of asana and alignment principles, and share your love of yoga with others. Each weekend is designed around a central theme with related asana, pranayama, meditation, anatomy, and philosophy lessons and readings, encouraging a balance between learning the material and understanding how to teach it. Tough Love Yoga is a 200 Hour Registered Yoga School through Yoga Alliance and TLYTT surpasses Yoga Alliance’s requirements for 200 hour teacher training programs. You will receive a 200 hour Hatha Yoga Certificate upon completing the training.
This course covers:
- The practice and thorough exploration of over 200 poses, including warm-ups, standing poses, arm balances, back bends, hip openers, thigh stretches, twists, forward folds, supine poses, partner poses, and restoratives. The goal is to help you deepen your own personal understanding of these asanas and for you to learn how to effectively teach the classical forms and modifications of these poses.
- Meditation and Pranayama techniques and approaches for home practice and teaching
- Jnana Yoga: the yoga of knowledge, including comparative analysis of yoga texts from classical and tantric perspectives
- Bhakti Yoga: the yoga of devotion, including modules on mantra, kirtan, puja, and other rituals
- Karma Yoga: the yoga of action and selfless service
- Ayurveda: Foundations, Philosophy, and Self-care with Anna Russ
- An in-depth exploration of the Universal Principles of Alignment and Action
- Detailed study and application of anatomy derived from the teachings of Martin Kirk
- An introduction to yoga therapeutics
- The use of props for modifying, supporting, and enhancing postures
- Teaching Methodology and Language Skills
- Sequencing Strategies
- Verbal and Hands-On Adjustments
- How to craft and integrate a theme into your class
- How to lead a private session
- A discussion on lineage and the Guru path
- Teaching ethics and taking the seat of the teacher
- The Business of Yoga from an individual and studio perspective
Get excited! You guys will practice teaching each other from the get-go so that you have the opportunity to get comfortable in the seat of the teacher and have fun with your fellow teacher trainees!
EXPECTATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
-100% attendance of all scheduled TLYTT weekends -Complete all homework, reading, and journal assignments -Attend 2 Tough Love Yoga classes per week (42 classes total)
Orientation: Sunday, January 4th, 2-6pm
Saturdays: 10:30-6pm, Sundays: 10am-6pm
APPLICATION AND DEPOSIT
$500 non-refundable deposit required with Application
(Due on January 4th, 2015)
Base Tuition: $2000 (includes deposit)
Base Tuition, including TLYTT Unlimited Yoga (January-May 2015): $2400
PAYMENT PLAN OPTION
Base Tuition: $500 deposit + $150 per weekend = $2300 total
Base Tuition including TLYTT Unlimited Yoga (January-May 2015):
$500 deposit + $185 per weekend = $2720
Your $500 deposit is non-refundable, no exceptions. If for some reason you decide to not participate in the training BEFORE the start date, any paid tuition will be refunded in full, minus your $500 deposit. After January 10th, 2015, in the event that you cannot complete teacher training due to an emergency, arrangements may be made after approval by our program director to complete your training up to a year later, but no tuition refunds will be given. If for some reason you are asked to leave training due to inappropriate behavior, your tuition will not be refunded.
Successful completion of all assignments and scheduled teacher training hours (as detailed above) is required in order to graduate and receive your certification. Exceptions may be made for special circumstances and emergencies at the discretion of our program director; however, any missed hours must be made up and will incur additional fees.
A $500 deposit is required with all Applications. Please submit your deposit either in cash, check, or money order made out to Tough Love Yoga. Contact email@example.com to make arrangements if you would like to pay by credit card, as a 3% fee applies to all teacher training payments. You may either drop your deposit off at our studio or mail your application and check or money order to:
Tough Love Yoga
1530 Dekalb Ave, Suite D
Atlanta, GA 30307
Space is limited. Applicants are accepted on a case by case basis. We expect each teacher training applicant to have a strong commitment to their personal yoga practice and to be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of yoga asana. All applicants are required to attend at least one Tough Love Yoga class with Neda prior to acceptance. Please email Neda@toughloveyoga.com with any questions or concerns.