INFORM YOUR FLOW: TOugh Love Yoga / YOGAHOUR TEACHER TRAINING 2018-2019
Yogahour® is an accessible, affordable, expertly-taught flow class that offers clear and specific alignment instructions.
It is both a technology and a style that is the perfect blend of form (alignment) and flow (movement with the breath).
This method maximizes safety and promotes longevity of practice. It's for all levels of practitioners, from experienced students to the fit beginner. Yogahour aims to be the most doable yet difficult one-hour flow class offered anywhere.
Inform Your Flow training equips you with the tools and practices which empower you to deliver an expertly-taught flow class that emphasizes form via shape, safety, and refinement (SSR) instructions for each pose. This training is for you if you have the desire to dive deeper into your yoga practice, expand your understanding of asana and alignment, and share your love of yoga with others. This 200-hour program is beneficial for new teachers seeking a foundation for their teaching career and experienced teachers looking for expert teaching technologies to bring clarity and precision to their instruction.
Tough Love Yoga is a 200-Hour Registered Yoga School through Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the program, you will be eligible to become a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200). All graduates also have the option to become a yogahour certified teacher, which includes yogahour specific testing. Whether your aim is to teach or to polish your personal practice, this process will provide you with the necessary tools to achieve your goals.
This course covers:
- The practice and thorough exploration of over 200 poses, including warm-ups, standing poses, arm balances, back bends, hip openers, thigh stretches, twists, forward folds, seated and supine poses. The goal is to help you deepen your own personal understanding of these asanas and for you to learn how to effectively teach the classical forms and modifications of these poses.
- Meditation and Pranayama techniques and approaches for home practice and teaching
- Jnana Yoga: the yoga of knowledge, including comparative analysis of yoga texts from classical and tantric perspectives
- Bhakti Yoga: the yoga of devotion, including modules on mantra, kirtan, and puja
- Karma Yoga: the yoga of action and selfless service
- Detailed study and application of anatomy derived from the teachings of Martin Kirk
- The use of props for modifying, supporting, and enhancing postures
- Teaching Methodology and Language Skills, including use of the yogahour script to encourage efficiency, clarity, precision in your language
- yogahour Sequencing Strategies
- Verbal and Hands-On Adjustments
- How to craft and integrate a theme into your class
- How to lead a private session
- A discussion on lineage and the Guru path
- Teaching ethics and taking the seat of the teacher
- The Business of Yoga from an individual and studio perspective
DATES & TIMES:
We will meet over the course of 10 weekends in 2018-2019. Details below:
November 30-December 2
$2500, paid in full by September 7th, 2018
-$500 non-refundable deposit with application
-$2000 due by September 7th, 2018
Payment Plan: $2800 total
-$500 non-refundable deposit with application
-$230 due each training weekend
EARLY BIRD: Apply and submit your $500 deposit by July 1st, 2018
and receive $100 off total cost of training.
EXPECTATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
TO RECEIVE YOUR 200 HOUR TOUGH LOVE YOGA CERTIFICATE:
-100% attendance of all scheduled YHTT weekends
-Complete all homework, reading, and journal assignments
TO BECOME A YOGAHOUR CERTIFIED TEACHER:
-Complete and pass yogahour script testing, written test, and sequencing assignment
Applicants are accepted on a case by case basis. All applicants are required to attend at least one
Tough Love Yoga yogahour class with Neda prior to acceptance.
A $500 deposit is required with all applications. Please submit your deposit either in cash or check made out to Tough Love Yoga. If for some reason your application is not accepted, your deposit will be refunded in full.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements if you would like to pay by credit card, as additional fees apply.
You may either drop your deposit off at our studio or mail your application and check to:
Tough Love Yoga
1530 Dekalb Ave. NE, Suite D
Atlanta, GA 30307
Applications are accepted on a case by case basis. We expect each teacher training applicant to have a strong commitment to their personal yoga practice and to be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of yoga asana. All applicants are required to attend at least one Tough Love Yoga class with Neda prior to acceptance.
Successful completion of all assignments and scheduled teacher training hours (as detailed above) is required in order to graduate and receive your certification. Exceptions may be made for special circumstances and emergencies at the discretion of our program director; however, any missed hours must be made up and will incur additional fees.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
REQUIRED READING LIST
You can find all of the following books in our retail area at the studio. You can purchase your books before or on the first day of training.
Inform Your Flow - Darren Rhodes: $29.99
Yogahour Teacher Training Manual - Darren Rhodes: $33
Yogahour Syllabus & Sequence, Volume 1: $24.95
Yogahour Syllabus & Sequence, Volume 2: $24.95
The following books are also required reading for this training and can be purchased at most local bookstores or from the Amazon link provided:
Light on Yoga - BKS Iyengar
11 Karmic Spaces - Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
The Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation - Stephen Mitchell
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Sri Swami Satchidananda